EspoCRM Related Contacts
The module enables to relate one contact to one other contact (or more) and to specify a "title" (comment) for this relation. The module adds a field "Related Contact" (can be renamed) to the entity "Contacts".
- To install the module, go to the settings and select "Extensions" - ../#Admin/extensions.
- Select "SELECT EXTENSION PACKAGE" and click on "UPLOAD".
- After installing the module will be displayed in the module list in ../#Admin/extensions.
- After installing (and deactivating) the module, it is recommended to rebuild the software and to clear the server and local cache.
Deactivation and reactivation of the module
The module appears in the list of installed EspoCRM modules in ../#Admin/extensions. This list contains the name of the module, its version, and a short description. In the list of activities there is an option to deactivate the module.
- After deactivation of the module the field "Related Contacts" loses its functions and content.
- After reactivating the module, the functions of the module (links, title/comments) will be restored.
- After updating of EspoCRM you may have to reinstall the module.
Functions for the administrator
Adding the fields to the layouts
After module installation, you have to add the field "Related Contacts" to the contact layouts:
- Open Administration / Layout manager / Contacts / Detail view ../#Admin/layouts/scope=Contact&type=detail
- Drag the field "Related Contacts" from the list of available fields into the required part of the layout (drag-and-drop) and save it to add the field to the layout.
Functions for Users
Creating of a contact relation
To relate one contact to one (or more) other contact:
Open the page of a contact in edit mode. To do this, click on the button "Edit" or on the pencil logo next to the field "Related Contacts" (for inline editing).
Select one or several contacts from the list. Related contact serves as a reference.
Name the created relation (type in "Title" for related contact). You have to specify the titles separate on both pages of the relation.
In edit mode, you can modify the contact relations and "Title" at any time.