Creation of a Customer Portal with Portal Management › global-office.de
- Create a web application with a responsive UI design
- Authorization concept and role management
- Integration of Google Calendar
- Portal templates (administration of portal templates for different countries)
- User management (management of Global Office Managers)
- Portal management
- Content Management
- 3 levels for data management
- Completely individualized solution
- Connection via API to third party systems
- Creation of a status tool for MS Windows to display the availability of the employee
- Zend Framework 2
- Doctrine 2
- REST API
- SOAP + WSDL
- Google API
- Google Calendar
Global Office is a German company that deals with call2call services for corporate clients and has over 40 offices in Germany and Austria. The call center manager handles the customer's phone calls and notes each call as a call note in the Global Office software. The call notes are imported from the external call center front-end system (CCF), which is connected via API to Global Office portals. Contacts and Call Center Information needed to work with the portal is sent by triggers to the CCF system.
The goal of the project was to replace the legacy solution based on SharePoint Portal Server 2007 with a completely new web application. With Global Office's new customer portal, it should be possible to read, edit, delete, and forward the conversation notes to the contact's e-mail addresses. Users should be able to manage their own calendars, personal data and company data, edit documents and collaborate with other employees.
We have developed a web application with an individual, responsive and user-friendly design that works well on mobile devices. The solution consists of the following components: front-end customer portal, accessible to registered customer employees and backend interface for managing all customer portals, accessible only to global office employees. In our application, all customer requirements were implemented. It is planned to increase the number of portal templates and to be able to set new templates for other countries (languages) in the admin backend. We also plan to optimize scripts for better performance due to the rapidly growing number of voice memos in existing portals.
Tasks implemented in the project
- The customer portals can be registered by Global Office administrators / managers.
- A customer portal must be approved and activated by the administrator. Each portal is assigned to a contact person (admin for the customer).
- The user of the portal can log in to the application, his personal data, his password change his other settings.
- All frontend and backend users have portal calendars that are synchronized with the personal Google calendars.
- The user of the portal can view the conversation notes and edit, forward, delete and download them as an Excel file.
- Users can also download, edit and delete documents as files in the portal.
- A customer admin can create the other users and set their user rights.
- The client admin or other users of the portal can create (import) the contact persons who are responsible for a call memo. The status information about the contact person is synchronized with the status tool.
- The user can request further additional services such as translation, travel booking etc. on the static pages with the contact forms.
Functions of the customer portal
- Favorites list (possibility to add the selected services),
- Call notes (list of CCF call notes managed by the user in the portal),
- interview guide (the company information page synchronized with CCF),
- Additional services (static pages with contact forms),
- Calendar (the user calendar is synced with Google Calendar),
- Contacts (the list of contact persons synchronized with CCF via the API),
- Documents (documents are synchronized via API with CCF and can be downloaded from both systems),
- User (the list of users managed by the client admin),
- Company profile (the data is synchronized via API with CCF),
- Escalation settings (the copy of a message that has not been completed can be sent to the previously defined e-mail address after some time),
- Invoices (sent by the manager to the portal),
- User settings (administration of user data).
Unique customer portal number
Each portal is assigned a unique customer portal number. In the appendix of this number, every portal can be called quickly and easily via a specific URL. Using this number, a call center manager in the CCF software can identify which customer he uses to call a corresponding page of the customer portal. Depending on the country of the customer (Germany, Austria, Switzerland), the portal templates differ according to the number range and the associated services.
Our web application for global-office.de has a responsive UI design, has been tailored to customer needs and offers a wide range of features.